Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hobbies...

There are hobbies in your life that feed your inner artist. Some that make the singer in you croon and hum all night. Others that make you sweat. If you're lucky, your hobby achieves all of the above.

And if you're really lucky? Your hobby does all that and adds wings to your heart. Do you feel the flutter?

One of my favorite things is taking care of my heart. It's a full-time hobby, for sure, especially when you add my love of taking care of all my lovelies' hearts, too.




It doesn't take a lot of training. There are no instructions or rules, guidelines or supply lists. No drying time or notes to follow or brushes to clean or worries of overexposure. Just love.

It takes only a little to tickle my heart. Whisper to it, sing it to sleep and awake. Shine your rays on it and warm me from the inside out. It's a gesture, it's a meaningful glance, it's a touch in the night, it's a stolen kiss that's just the beginning of a theft. It's making me tea and making love to me. Mend it when it's broken, cherish it for always.

And I'll do the same for you. Just tell me what your heart needs, and I'll give it. It's my favorite hobby...