Friday, May 13, 2011

Finding Your Way Back...

I just read a pretty fantastic article about exactly the kind of hiking that I'd adore...if I were in a very, very brave moment, that is!

Two friends set out on a hike, shedding articles of clothing along their path. One tee shirt, one scarf, one pair of shorts, and on and on and on until they were free of clothes and - imagine this! - all their fears.

It would be incredibly liberating, right?




There was another part of the story that stuck with me. The two friends left their trail of clothes...so they'd be sure to find their way back.

I don't know what it is about finding your way back that melts my heart, but it does. I feel like all the best fairy tales and love stories and friendships need it.

I'm going hiking this weekend. It's a promise I made to myself just this very minute. And while it may not be (but there's always a chance!) strip hiking, it will definitely feed my soul. It's funny; I have this little plaque down low in my mudroom by my big bad wolf Max's leash that reads "Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk."

I believe that.

Sending a hike your way for the weekend! I hope you carve out some time to listen to the angels...and maybe even a little to find your way back, too. Until next week...gorgeous hikers via my pins!