Friday, April 15, 2011

Plans...

I just have to tell you this fast shot of genius I picked up at the coffee shop yesterday before we all steal away for our wonderful weekend get-aways or get-ins. Both sound good to me!

While I was waiting for my triple shot of caffeine, I saw an older man sitting by himself in one of the most relaxed poses I've really only seen on The Impossible Cool. Never in real life. The best way I can describe it is very old-school Brando, with his legs apart and his arms spread out on both armrests, holding his ink-black coffee loosely...like it was a Scotch.

He caught my eye catching his, and smiled so lazily right back. He made conversation easily, like he'd been doing it for seventy years, and asked what I was doing for the weekend.



I said I had some plans, and he shook his head. 

"You gotta make more than plans, kid." he said.

He might not have meant anything profound, or maybe he did. Either way, I'm keeping his words and making something more than plans this weekend. I don't know what that will be, exactly, but my heart beats faster just thinking of it.

It's a little silly, isn't it, how a complete stranger can completely tip over your head and rearrange all your thoughts? Probably so, but I like it.

Tell me if you're making more than plans this weekend...I love it when you leave little stories for me! See you next week, sweet friends. My mood - minus the ciggie! - for the weekend found here.