Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Make Me Blush...

I broke my toe. I'm so sad about it and feeling a little sorry for myself. No more heels or sandals for a few weeks. I may be equally devastated by both bits of news!

So it's wonderful having Sabrina Ward Harrison's Journal to heal these first few days of broken me.



On one of my favorite pages yet, she writes I want to hear jazz with my eyes closed, and dig my toes into the sand dancing. I want to climb to the summit and yell and sleep under the stars. I want to laugh my head off and play marbles and sleep in and eat croissants in bed with butter and marmalade and spill coffee and wear lace and trip holding your hand because I am listening so closely.

And then she prompts us to list the love songs that remind us of blushing and tangled laughter. 

Did you just get a chill when you read tangled laughter? It's a pretty delicious phrase, isn't it?

Lately, I've been listening to REM's Live at the Olympia, recorded at a London rehearsal back in 2008. There's a line in I've Been High - All I want, All I really want is...is to live my life on high. And I know, I know you want the same...I can see it in your eye. - Oh, my. It makes me shiver.




Citizen Cope's Sideways hits me so deeply, Rachael and Ray's Duet just leaves me breathless, and Joshua Radin's Today sends me down an aisle every single time.

Sing to me, will you? Remind me of blushing and tangled laughter. Best new song recommendation - the one that makes me blush and dream of of tangles! - wins a little love from me...

Photos via Pinterest.