Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Desserts...

My girls and I were gossiping between the miniature menu and never-ending wine tasting at  Piccolo Venice this weekend. The couple at the next table had just ordered dessert, and we couldn't help but stare.

Don't you love watching first dates? Me, too.



Through their entire meal, the guy on the date had been staring back at us. He seemed particularly interested in the blondes in our bunch. His date was a brunette.

Their waitress delivered the Lingotto for them to share, and we were all stunned when he didn't follow the unwritten gentleman's rule: ladies first.

"That man," one of my girls noted, "is not a good lover."

We all agreed. He just inhaled his food without even tasting it. His date, however, licked her spoon, batted her eyes between bites, and even let a moan or two escape every so often.



I don't know about you, and I don't know about that girl at the next table, but I like my man to take his sweet time and devour every morsel. 

Do you think there's a connection between the way you eat and the way you love? Tell me your thoughts, will you?

Date night from this pinner. I'm a little in love with the captions he writes under each one, aren't you? Also, he is a real estate broker. I think I just found the male version of me!