Monday, February 7, 2011

Heels...

I wear heels every day and every night, but my friends who are mommies do not, a choice that always makes me smile to myself and think "No matter how many babies, I'll still be that mom who rocks the Choos."


Until Saturday.

I was at a lunch meeting with one of my clients when the worst thing for lunch meetings with one of my clients happened: three babies under four were seated at the next table. I must admit that babies distract me terribly. I coo and ooh and totally digress to baby talk.




The mom was gorgeous, but not dressed appropriately for three babies under four. Six-inch Louboutins and the shortest skirt I've ever seen - and remember, I live in LA! - teetering around the table trying to keep her kids entertained and eating. Even my very focused client couldn't help but stare and mutter a "What is she wearing?"




So I've changed my ideas. Now I smile to myself and think "No matter how many babies, I'll still be that mom who rocks the flats." Maybe even wedges. The short skirts are not up for discussion, however. 

I live in LA, remember?

Positively enamored with Natalia Vodianova's mom style, aren't you? Images via everywhere. I collect her. The middle shot is from my Pinterest collection. Are we following each other? Let's.