Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Agreements...

By now, you know I love pretty much everything. What can I say? I'm smitten with life.



So it won't come as a great surprise that I'm enamored with Halloween; between us, I guess I haven't actually met a holiday I don't adore!

As far back as I can remember, my mom fairy-godmothered any costume I imagined. No matter how outrageous or impossible, she never said no. Even if I requested a Sleeping Beauty Mummy Princess Kitty Cat Posh Spice. The super scary version. I must have inherited her affinity for saying yes with a smile to the almost unthinkable.




Do you know my absolute favorite memory from my childhood trick or treat jaunts? It was ringing the doorbells. Honestly, I loved pushing that little button and waiting with a belly full of crazy butterflies to see what was on the other side of that door.

It's probably why I grew up to be a realtor.

Sweet plans that are making me clap my hands include frolicking festivities at home this weekend for family and friends, complete with pumpkin carving around my brand new backyard  fire pit, lots of bubbly, and desserts that will make everyone forget about candy.

The only thing making me frown is finding enough time (and ingredients!) to make all thirty-three varieties of Ming's cupcakes. Because I certainly can't imagine forgetting even a one.



I may need a few tricks to make all these treats.

Tell me...are you planning anything spooky or spectacular for the weekend? I'd love to hear of your costumes and special recipes! I really would.

Ming Makes Cupcakes makes my mouth water. And don't even get me started on her cookies and savories. Loveliness abounds. If you need me, I'll be baking non-stop until the weekend!