Monday, November 7, 2011

Beautiful...


I saved this image. Twice. Kept returning to it, over and over again. And I couldn't, for the life of me, understand why I kept it around.

And then it hit me. I didn't understand this sentiment. This feeling. At all. Ever in my entire life. Destroying something beautiful? Never. Not me. Not ever.

Show me an old piece of furniture that everyone's given away. I'll take it and restore it to something at least a little better. Because it deserves to be kept. Everything does, doesn't it?

Show me the meanest person in the world, and I'll show you a broken heart that needs love. Show me an injured baby bird with no hope of living, and I'll give it enough hope to live two lifetimes. Same goes for an injured friend.

I don't understand destroying anything beautiful. I don't. And I don't understand destroying anything un-beautiful.  Because it simply cannot exist. 

I don't believe there's anything in this world that's not beautiful, do you?

I guess I must keep this image around to remind me of exactly who I am not...