Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Check Yes...

I've always been that girl who passed the first note to the new kid in class. Definitely if the new kid happened to be a cute surfer boy from Santa Cruz! Let's hang out, I'd suggest. And they always said yes. Shy girls, tough girls, sweet boys...they all said yes.

I guess I'm a little bold when it comes to making new friendships. For as long as I can remember, I've always looked for a connection. Any connection. There just has to be one between each of us, right?




The older I get, the bolder I become. It's probably why I started writing. So glad I did because it led me to you.

These days, my friend requests are rarely scrawled on a little piece of scrap paper decorated by at least three or four hearts. But if I see you and feel your bliss and find myself unable to turn around and walk away from you, I will ask. Want to hang out? I've got to know you...




We could share a slice of red velvet cheesecake in the middle of the morning. Head up to the mountains as soon as the weatherman called for rain because when's the last time you danced in the rain? It's been too long, hasn't it? We could hit that hot springs you've always wanted to visit or enjoy some durian on a deserted beach because new friends make you want to try new things. Especially when there's a million stars in the sky to distract us. We could do everything or nothing at all because new friends usually don't have a lot of expectations.

So what do you say? Want to hang out? I've just got to know you...

Girls who could be friends found here and here. And please leave a comment if we haven't yet met! I'd love it.