Thursday, March 17, 2011

Growing Superheroes...

Some of my words are on my beautiful friend Melissa's beautiful blog. I've never written a guest post for anyone, but I'm a little in love with it now. Her readers have been very sweet to me. Thank you, Mel, for inviting me to wish with you.

Speaking of dreamy, remember when I told you I was dreaming of growing some superheroes for myself? I'm taking tiny steps toward that wish. I bought eight kids' costumes yesterday, from Superman to Fairy Queen and back to Batman, and I'm delivering them to the Children's Hospital in LA this afternoon.




I wonder if they'll make a few little ones imagine themselves stronger and braver than they feel. I honestly believe in the power of costumes, don't you? As for me, give me a little Haute Hippie and I'm one brave Bohemian Princess ready to take on the world.

I may need to wear some to get through this week. It's been a frustrating one, with all the worries over Japan and trying to give our best here and there and everywhere. It's almost like I'm feeling that no matter what I do, it's not going to be enough.



I've been catching The Professional, which is one of my favorite movies, more than usual lately. There are so many gorgeous lines in that film, but I have three absolute faves. One is when a young Natalie Portman asks Jean Reno "Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?" And he answers "Always like this."




So maybe life is hard. Maybe it's never enough. I guess all we can do is all we can do, growing joy and superheroes whenever and wherever we possibly can. 

All inspiring images from sugarpie project on Pinterest.