Wednesday, March 2, 2011

From Me To You...

Tomorrow's my birthday. And while I know we don't know each other all that well, can I ask you for a little present?

If your answer is yes...will you leave me your mail address in that little box over there on the right? My apologies for getting so fourth-grade fresh with you, Sweets, but think of it as a check YES if you like me kind of a thing.



But really, it's more of a check YES because I adore you.

I'd love to send a little extra love to your inbox. I'm planning giveaways and lots of other goodies, all for you. And all I really need is your mail address.

I hope you check YES. I already have.




Also, do you do anything special on your birthday eve? Up until a few years ago, I tried to do something supremely decadent and maybe even a bit reckless the last night of my year; like one last burst of silliness before I turned older and wiser.

And then one of my bests told me how she always treats the last day of her year as a going-away party. She makes spa appointments, eats beautiful meals with her most beautiful loves, toasts the big and small moments of her past twelve months, and - and this is most important - says good-bye to her younger self.

Ever since, I've been hooked on this concept. But I have to tell you, it's a highly emotional little ceremony. Every year ends with tears and overwhelming waves of nostalgia, regret, hope, and gratitude. 




No question, it's one of my favorite rituals. And this year, much of my gratitude is going to you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I'd love to hear your birthday eve ritual. I'm sure it's as lovely as you are! And I'll bet it includes feathers! All found here. Don't forget to leave me your address...