Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sweat Equity...

I'm obsessed with do-it-yourself when it's more you doing it yourself, but here are a few posts that made me wish things were a little different...

A chic chignon that made me add hairpins to my shopping list, just after adding Become a Fiery Redhead for a Month to my Life List.




We all probably have a few of these bookshelves in our decorating past or present. The world would be a much better place if we transformed them into mini bar carts, don't you agree?




This renovation is so far beyond anything I would tackle myself, but I find myself happily drawn to her progress nonetheless. She's incredibly charming, and it's hard not to smile when I read her progress reports! Also, the world would be a much better place if popcorn ceilings disappeared forever.

I collect books. My library is, as one friend described it, as big as a library. This means I need many bookends. These thrill me, and the possibilities seem endless.

I'm wondering if I buy enough of his stash, will my life look more like a page from his magazine? It's a chance I may have to take.




There. I feel better just by listing these amazing DIYs. I'll feel even better if you tell me you're set to tackle one or two of them yourself!

As always, all photos and links will take you to their sources. Have a lovely day, everyone!