Monday, November 15, 2010

I Wish I Were A Photographer...

I saw the most Sartorialist-worthy girl at brunch this weekend, and literally laid my head on the table and mourned the fact that I am a hopeless photographer.

While we're discussing my weaknesses, I also make the worst coffee and live in the clouds. What can I tell you? I adore tea and think the view is inspiring.

Back to this girl. She was wearing at least six Bakelites. I melt at the sight of Bakelites.




Her clothes were standard L.A. mid-afternoon: vintage denim, vintage Chanel, and a white tee. But it was her shoes that sent me.




Brian Atwood's Monroe. Perfection, in my opinion. I can't find them anywhere, which makes them even more frustratingly perfection.

Tell me I'm not the only one who ogles other women's style at brunch...I'd love to hear who inspires you, and what sends you to wish you were a closet paparazzi!