Monday, April 25, 2011

Post-Holiday Post...

After forty days and forty nights of no gluten, dairy, or sugar - with the most welcome exceptions of a few homemade-with-love cookies from my sweet neighbor girl - I am now beyond sated with treats. There was a point yesterday when I honestly resembled a well-fed little kitten stretched out in a stolen spot of sunshine.

How was your holiday week and weekend? I loved mine, mostly because of all my loves around me; good company makes such a good life, don't you think? I do.




One of my favorite moments was when I played Easter Fairy in the early hours of Sunday morning, leaving special baskets and notes on two of my neighbors' front porches. Just the ones with kids around that age when they stop believing in anything they can't buy at the mall, to send them a little reminder that it's so much more fun to believe in things. Even when no one else does.

It reminds me of one of my bests who has a sign hanging in her great room that reads I Believe in Santa Claus. She keeps it up all year long. Love that.

Cheers to a wonderful week for all of us full of lots of believing! Fairy dust girl found among my pins. Follow me?